This year, 18–24 of May is Law Week. To celebrate and keep you in the know with your rights, we’ve gathered seven legal resources to help you learn more about the law, especially during this time of pandemic-related upheaval.
- The Law Handbook – Free to access online, this is a practical guide to the 40 most common legal topics that you deal with in your everyday life.
- Find sources of free legal help, courtesy of SLNSW.
- Fair Work Ombudsman – Learn about workplace laws and other information regarding how COVID-19 is impacting your work.
- Tenants NSW – This resource will tell you what you need to know about renting during COVID-19.
- Legal Aid NSW – These free YouTube webinars will teach you about the law and COVID-19.
- Anti-Discrimination NSW – Know your rights during the pandemic. This resource provides anti-discrimination and equal opportunity principles, free info and advice.
- Fair Trading NSW - COVID-19 – Can I get a refund for an event cancelled due to COVID-19? Can I be evicted? Find answers to questions like these.