Children in school years K-9, join the Summer Reading Club from Monday 14 December 2020 to Wednesday 20 January 2021! This year's theme is Tales of Wonder. Wonderful stories are everywhere waiting to be discovered!
We've got a fun program of activities with great prizes to win. Discover 20 Tales of Wonder in our online Book Bingo, or come into one of our three Library branches to solve the Summer Scramble Crossword Puzzle.
Visit Lionel Bowen Library to see a display of the awesome prizes on offer. We have weekly Book Bingo prize draws on 4, 11 and 18 January. The more books you read, the more chances you have to win. Major prizes will be drawn at The Summer Reading Club End Party which will be held on Friday 22 January at 2.00pm at Lionel Bowen Library (bookings open on 14 December are essential online).
How it works:
Book Bingo: 20 Tales of Wonder
1. DOWNLOAD and save to your device the Book Bingo Online Reading Log PDF (which also includes the Book Review sheet)
2. Borrow books at Randwick City Library and start reading anytime between 14 December 2020 and 20 January 2021. Complete the Book Bingo and win great prizes!
- Every Book Bingo line completed gives you an entry into our weekly draw. A line with four books read in either a diagonal, horizontal or vertical row on the Book Bingo sheet is counted as a Bingo.
- You must have your own Junior Library Card and borrow your books on this card.
- All books must be borrowed from the Randwick City Library service, including eBooks and eAudiobooks.
- There will be weekly prize draws on 4, 11 and 18 January. Winners will be contacted by telephone and/or email.
- Those that complete the entire Bingo sheet (read 20 books) AND write 1 review on the online reading log will go into a final draw for the major prizes. Major prize winners will be announced at the Summer Reading Club Party on Friday 22 January at 2.00pm at the Lionel Bowen Library (bookings essential).
- All reading logs must be completed online and submitted either via email or handed in at one of our library branches by 11.00am on Wednesday 20 January 2021.
- Remember, the more books you read, the more chances you have to win!
Summer Scramble Crossword Puzzle:
1. From 14 December, come into one of our Library branches to pick up and complete the Summer Scramble Crossword Puzzle to win great prizes.
- Drop your completed crossword puzzle with your contact details into the box at the front desk by 11am on Wednesday 20 January 2021.
2. Prize winners will be announced at the Summer Reading Club Party on Friday 22 January at 2.00pm at the Lionel Bowen Library (bookings essential).
The Summer Reading Club is for children in school years K-9 (in 2020). For any questions please contact us.Back to top