Content last updated: 17 April 2020.
Staying inside excessively can lead to a decline in personal physical and mental health. If you're worried about COVID-19 and would like to improve your overall health then take a look at our list of resources below. We'll be adding to this page frequently, so watch this space!
Exercise and Healthy Eating
- During COVID-19, you can exercise your way to better mental health, Black Dog Institute: Exercise improves sleep, breathing and mental health. This article explains how even an hour a week of exercise can help you feel better and relieve anxiety.
- Staying Active during COVID, NSW Office of Sport: This super helpful page will show you the different sort of physical activities that are recommended for all ages, as well as sport-specific activities and Coronavirus/sport information.
- What the new COVID-19 restrictions mean for your daily exercise, Exercise Right: This article explains what you can and cannot do under the Australian Government's new lockdown laws, namely what exercise you can do and who you can do it with.
- Five hearty eating tips for home isolation, The Heart Foundation: It's easy to overdo the comfort food when bunkered down at home. When you're at home letting the storm pass, try these five tips from the Heart Foundation for healthy, heart-savvy eating. They've got some great recipes too!
- COVID-19 tips and resources, Dietitians Association of Australia: Take a look at how you can prepare your pantry for self-isolation as well as some healthy recipes.
- Accessing mental health services in NSW, NSW Health: This list of mental health services is a great place to start when looking for online help. It's got a comprehensive list of resources and websites you can use for the general public, young people, parents and teachers.
- Mental health and psychosocial considerations during the COVID-19 outbreak, World Health Organisation: Take a look at the WHO's advice for the general population, leaders and health care workers. This statement released on the 22nd of March gives a global perspective to this pandemic.
- The Mental Health Crisis Generated By COVID-19, Forbes: This article gives some great advice on how to combat COVID-19 fears namely to establish a routine and to communicate a lot with your employer.
- Beyond Blue's Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support service: One of Australia's biggest support organisations has created this resource that gives an option to talk over the phone, online through community forums and also what to do if you have the disease.