Visit our Pop-up Library stall at this year’s Best Gift Market, Randwick City Council's annual sustainable gift market held at Coogee Beach on Sunday 17 November.
We’ll be there between 9.00am and 3.00pm. Look out for our pop-up library by our Spark Library Outreach truck.
We are holding four creative craft workshops for different ages. Learn how to create simple, beautiful and most importantly, sustainable decorations and gifts for the holiday season with us:
- Workshop 1: 9.30 – 10.00 am, Upcycled 3D Ornaments 5 -7 years
- Workshop 2: 10.30 – 11.15 am, Japanese Pastel Art 5-13 years
- Workshop 3: 12.00 – 12.45 pm, Japanese Pastel Art for Adults
- Workshop 4: 1.15 – 2.00pm, Upcycled 3D Ornaments 8-13 years
Upcycled 3D Ornaments: Join this DIY craft workshop to create your own 3D ornaments upcycling materials such as old books, cardboard, empty jars and ribbons you can usually find around you house or local charity shop and skip the store-bought decorations this year. All materials will be supplied and participants will take away their own creation on the day. Online bookings for Best Gift Market Workshops are essential.
Japanese Pastel Art Workshop: This workshop will introduce your child to this simple and beautiful art technique using pastels and hand motions. You don’t need to have any experience – just your fingers and an open mind. All materials will be supplied and participants will take home their creation on the day. Online bookings for Best Gift Market Workshops are essential.
Japanese Pastel Art is not only about producing a piece of art, it’s also a form of relaxation for all ages. Students of this simple technique use colour and finger motions to concentrate on their artwork, gradually becoming immersed in the process and relaxing as the art takes shape. Find out more about Japanese Pastel Art and full courses run by the facilitator Caroline Eng.
We will also be showcasing our lifelong learning regular programs for all ages and our online resources available 24/7.
Workshop terms and conditions:
- Bookings via Eventbrite are essential as space is limited.
- If you are unable to attend, please cancel your ticket as soon as possible. This will enable others to participate in the event.
- Due to the safety and enjoyment of participants, we are unable to admit latecomers to the workshop after the start time.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to allow the event to run on time.
- Your attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through photographs and/or video recordings. Images may be used for promotional purposes on council's websites, publications, social media or by newspapers. By attending this session you agree to these terms. If you do not wish your image to be published, please notify staff before the event.
The Best Gift Market is run by our colleagues at Randwick City Council and showcases local, handmade, sustainable and ethical products. There will be market stalls with artisans and designers showcasing environmental friendly homewares, gifts and products from across the Eastern suburbs and wider Sydney.
The Best Gift Market is an extension of Sustainability’s, Sustaining our City annual campaign called the Best Gift in the World where we encourage our community to be mindful at Christmas time with considering packaging, thinking about the amounts of food we prepare and food wasted around this time of year and considering gift items that would benefit the environment.
Held only once a year, this is an opportunity not to be missed.Back to top