How Randwick City Council controls weeds
Our weed control programs aim to control noxious weed growth and spread throughout Randwick City through the following measures.
- Identify noxious weeds which pose a threat to the community and environment.
- Map the location and extent of noxious weeds within the Randwick Local Government Area.
- Prioritise and target specific weed species by employing the most appropriate control measures which will least affect the environment, but satisfactorily control the specific weed infestation.
- Ensure early detection of, and rapid action against new weed problems.
- Enforce the provisions of the Noxious Weeds Act throughout the Local Government Area.
- Educate the local community about the identification, effects and problems caused by noxious weeds and their obligations under the Noxious Weeds Act.
- Encourage and participate a regional approach to weed control incorporating the principles of Total Catchment Management by all local authorities for legislation, funding and control techniques.