Traffic and public transport information
The Spot Festival will be held on Sunday 15 March 2020. To keep the event running smoothly, a number of changed traffic conditions will apply to The Spot. These temporary changes may affect local residents and public transport routes. The information provided below will help minimise any disruption to you or your household.
Special Event Clearways
Event clearways will apply to certain streets in The Spot. The following temporary parking restrictions will be imposed in the lead up to the event:
- Aeolia Street – clearway will apply from 3.00pm on Thursday 12 March until 12am on Monday 16 March 2020.
- Nancye Street – clearway will apply from 10.30pm on Thursday 12 March until 12am on Monday 16 March 2020. Vehicles will be towed if they are parked in this area during these times.
- 86 Perouse Road – clearway will apply from 10.30pm on Thursday 12 March until 12am on Monday 16 March 2020. Vehicles will be towed if they are parked in this area during these times.
- St Pauls Street – clearway will apply from 11.30pm on Saturday 14 March until 12am on Monday 16 March 2020 (from Nancye Street to Dine Avenue Randwick).
- Perouse Road – clearway will apply from 11.30pm on Saturday 14 March until 12am on Monday 16 March 2020 (from Soudan Street to Barker Street Randwick).
- Soudan Street - clearway will apply from 11.30pm on Saturday 14 March until 12am on Monday 16 March 2020 (from Perouse Road to St Pauls Lane Randwick).
Temporary Clearway Signs will be installed in this area to facilitate the event.
From 5am on Sunday 15 March 2020 through to 12am Monday 16 March 2020, the following road closures will apply:
- St Pauls Street (from Nancye Street to Dine Avenue)
- Perouse Road (from Soudan Street to Barker Street)
The road closures will impact access to residential driveways in the above streets. Should you live within the event footprint area, it is advised that you park your car at a nearby street to maintain your vehicular access on Sunday 15 March 2020.
State Transit Authority buses will be diverted to nearby streets on Sunday 15 March 2020. No buses will utilise St Pauls Street or Perouse Road between Coogee Bay Road and Barker Street. Temporary bus stops will be located at:
- A temporary 40m long bus zone will be installed on the eastern and western side of Perouse Road, 10m south of Barker Street and 10m south of Avoca Lane for the duration of the event.
- The part time bus zone (on the southern and northern side of Coogee Bay Road), east of Perouse Road will be replaced with a full time bus zone.
Please check the notifications which will be attached to the bus stops. All bus stops on Belmore Road will operate as usual.
Randwick City Council will be providing a free bike valet parking service on the corner of Perouse Road and Aeolia Street during The Spot Festival. Your bike will be parked and supervised by our valet parking officers in our designated parking area. Help us reduce the number of cars at the festival by riding your bike and have a fun, healthy day out.
Contact us for more information
For more information on these changed traffic conditions please contact Council's Integrated Transport Team.
- Phone: (02) 9093 6000
For more information on the event please contact Council's Events Team.
- Phone: (02) 9093 6000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org