Due to the coronavirus we’ve closed many of our facilities including the Customer Service Centre. Please visit our COVID-19 page to see what is impacted.
This event has been cancelled as a precaution as part of Council's responsible approach to minimise the spread of the virus amongst the community. View the latest updates.
Randwick City Council in conjunction with Coogee Randwick Clovelly RSL sub-Branch holds the annual ANZAC Dawn Service at 5.30am on April 25 each year at beautiful Coogee Beach.
Anzac Day is a national day of remembrance and commemoration. The last four years have seen over 20,000 people gathered at Coogee Beach in pre-dawn darkness to honour the service and sacrifice of our original ANZACs, and the generations of Australian servicemen and women who have defended our values and freedoms.
The Coogee Beach Dawn Service includes a hymn, prayer, laying of wreaths, Last Post bugle call, a minute’s silence and concludes with the New Zealand and Australian national anthems.
This event is free to the public and all are welcome to pay their respects and lay wreaths in honour of fallen soldiers.
A number of local cafes and businesses in Coogee will be open early for breakfast.
A limited amount of accessible parking spaces will be available. If you, or someone you care for, has a mobility impairment please email email@example.com to discuss reserving a space.
Other Anzac Day services have also been CANCELLED across Randwick City include:
Sunday 5 April
- Coogee Randwick Clovelly sub-Branch - Anzac Schools March - Cnr Dudley & Carr St - 10.30am
Sunday 19 April
- Maroubra RSL sub-Branch – Cenotaph (opposite the Juniors at The Junction), Anzac Parade) 11am
- Malabar RSL sub-Branch – Bob Clarke Memorial Reserve (opposite Matraville Sports High, Anzac Parade, 11.30am
- Coogee Legion sub-Branch – Level 1, Coogee Legion Club, 200 Arden Street, 11.30am
- Matraville RSL sub-Branch – Corner Daunt Ave & Bunnerong Rd, 10am
- Kensington RSL sub-Branch – Randwick Bowling Club, 2 The Avenue, Randwick, 11am
Saturday 25 April
- Maroubra RSL sub-Branch – Cenotaph (opposite the Juniors at The Junction), Anzac Parade) 4.30am
- Matraville RSL sub-Branch – Cenotaph, Norfolk Parade, 5am
Here are the some highlights from previous Anzac Day Dawn Services.