Fri 6 Nov 2020 - Fri 7 Aug 2020
1.30 pm - 2.30 pm
- Every week on Friday, until 18 Dec 2020
- Online via Zoom
Join us online in the award-winning permaculture garden each Friday afternoon and learn skills under expert guidance in a friendly setting.
Spring Program - Growing Big in Small Spaces
Small spaces can yield big results when productive gardens are designed according to permaculture principles. With many of us with limited space, this practical course led by permaculture expert and landscape architect Steve Batley, will help you grow more than you thought possible.
- Oct 16 - Permaculture principles - Observation
- Oct 23 - Design planning - sector analysis & zone planning
- Oct 30 - No waste - compost and worm farming
- Nov 6 - Plants, Soil and Bacteria - Guilds
- Nov 13 - Propagation - Seeds and cuttings
- Nov 20 - Propagation - Transplanting
- Nov 27 - Water conservation - Wicking Beds
- Dec 4 - Small spaces - Vertical and aquaponics
- Dec 11 - Small spaces - Containers and microgreens
- Dec 18 - Pest management - plant health and predators
Growing Big in Small Spaces is available as a complete ten week course for face to face participants or as individual sessions via zoom.
* * Each workshop is recorded and you may appear in the published video. Recordings of past topics can be found on Council's youtube channel under the PermaBee playlist.
EVENTBRITE LINKBack to top