Sat 4 May 2019 - Sat 4 May 2019
1.30 pm - 5 pm
- Randwick Sustainability Hub
- at the Randwick Community Centre, 27 Munda Street Randwick
IT'S INTERNATIONAL PERMACULTURE DAY again at Randwick Sustainability Hub.
- Bookings essential for workshops
- Booking URL
IT'S INTERNATIONAL PERMACULTURE DAY again at Randwick Sustainability Hub and this year we're buzzing with bees with apiarist, Doug Purdie, and learning to save seeds with horticulturalist, Jon Kingston.
We'll take a look at energy and water-efficient renovation and building materials with permaculture architect, Terry Bail, and, after you renovate or build, how to creatively declutter your home and your life with domestic-life-design specialist, Cecilia Macaulay.
When it comes to the surplus from our garden or those possessions you no longer use, Annette Loudon will show us how to run a community swap party to exchange what we no longer need for those things we really could use and prevent them adding to our landfills.
Join us for International Permaculture Day...
... of workshops and tours of the Permaculture Interpretive garden and the community centre's energy and water efficiency retrofits, the classroom, made largely of reused and recycled building materials, the reedbed toilet, balcony garden display area as well as the honey bee trail and the wild food and habitat trails.
WHEN: Saturday 4 May 2019
TIME: Arrive 1:20pm for 1:30pm start, finishing at 5:00pm
WHERE: Randwick Community Centre, 27 Munda Street, Randwick.
Arrive at 1:20pm for a 1:30pm start to workshops
1:30pm - 3:00pm — workshops
- Energy and water trail tour with architect, Terry Bail.
- Seed Saving with horticulturalist, Jon Kingston
- Honey bee trail workshop/tour with Doug Purdie
- Declutter your life using Permaculture Principles with Cecilia Macaulay
- The Sharing Economy using Permaculture Principles with Annette Loudon
3:00pm — Join us for a cuppa and a chat in our timber classroom made mostly of repurposed materials.
3:30 - 5:00pm...
- Repeat of workshops.
Book through Eventbrite booking system.