Sun 6 Mar 2016 - Sun 6 Mar 2016
10:30am - 5pm
- Bare Island La Perouse
- Bare Island Anzac Pd La Perouse
The Blak markets is two years old in March and to celebrate we will be holding a Bushfood extravaganza with native foods from across Australia. The Blak markets is a mini Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island Festival which features great perfomances, food and market stalls, all for the price of $2.50.
- $2.50 entry, some activities also charge (see below).
- Bookngs are required for the following activities: Healing Workshop with Tucky Cooley ($40); Native Bee Workshop ($10) ; Whale Ceremony with Tucky Cooley ($10) ; Plant and Medicine Talk with Drew Roberts ($15 )
- Booking URL
PROGRAM March 2016
- 11:00am Traditional Fire Lighting and Smoking Ceremony (Free)
- 11.30am Yaama Boys Dance Performance (Free)
- 12:00pm Healing Workshop with Tucky Cooley ($40 Booking required )
- 12.30pm Native Bee Workshop ($10 Booking required)
- 1:00pm Special Guest Radical Son (Free)
- 1.30pm Yaama Boys Dance Performance (Free)
- 2.30pm Native Bee Workshop ($10 Booking required )
- 3:00pm Whale Ceremony with Tucky Cooley ($10 Booking required)
- 3.30pm Plant and Medicine Talk with Drew Roberts ($15 Booking required)
- 4:00pm "Looking back over 60,000 years for clues to our future survival" Talk with Vic Cherikoff (Free)
Proudly supported by Randwick City Council
This event is a submitted event and is not run by Randwick City Council. It has been published as a community service. This information has not been checked or verified and Council does not take any responsibility for inaccuracies or missing information. Council encourages you to contact the event organiser to check details of the event and not rely solely on this information.