Tue 19 Jan 2021 - Tue 19 Jan 2021
10 am - 3 pm
- Little Bay Beach
- Meet at Prince Henry Centre, 2 Coast Hospital Rd, Little Bay
Have fun experiencing snorkelling with our expert guides in the calm waters of Little Bay.
- $15 PER PERSON
- Sold out!
- Booking URL
- More Contact Information
- Call Helen Morrison on 9093 6223
IMPORTANT UPDATE: The January Marine and Coastal activities are currently scheduled to go ahead, however should advice from NSW Health mean cancellations are needed, we will endeavour to communicate with you as quickly as possible. If cancellations occur due to NSW Public Health orders, all activities will be refunded. Special conditions for COVID-19
Have fun experiencing snorkelling with marine biologist and expert instructor Will Jones from the Marine Discovery Centre. You'll learn to use the equipment properly and learn effective snorkelling techniques while discovering and identifying the local marine life in the quieter waters of Little Bay.
Look out for Angelfish, anemones and sea wrasse while you’re experiencing the diverse marine life in these protected reefs in Sydney’s Eastern suburbs. BYO snorkel and mask. Fins provided.
Meet at the Prince Henry Centre. We will walk down to Little Bay following an introductory talk on the marine life in the area and a briefing on the snorkel equipment. Wetsuits recommended. 14 people per tour.
Conditions of booking
- Minimum age 8 years
- Children under 16 years need to be accompanied in the water by an adult
- A ratio of one adult per two children
- Adults accompanying children in the water need to pay for the activity
- Participants must be able to swim a minimum of 50 metres.
Special conditions for COVID-19
NSW COVID-19 public health orders will apply to this activity including, social distancing orders and hand hygiene practices. Please assist in keeping all participants safe during the event, by observing instructions provided by Council staff or signage. You can view updated health-related advice and conditions on the RCC website.
Do not attend this activity if they have any of the following:
- Close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days
- Travelled to Australia from overseas or have been in close contact with someone who has arrived in Australia in the past 14 days
- COVID-19 symptoms: fever or acute respiratory infection (e.g. shortness of breath or cough) with or without fever.
Photographs, videos and voice recordings
Randwick City Council staff may on occasion take recordings of participants during activities (including photographs, videos and voice recordings) that could be used for the following purposes:
- educational or community information purposes
- Council displays and promotions of community education events
- to complement the promotion of Randwick's Marine and Coastal Program.
If you DO NOT wish for the participant’s recording to be used according to these conditions, please indicate this during the booking process.
This activity may be cancelled due to insufficient bookings, NSW COVID-19 health orders or poor weather. Participants will be advised in the event the activity changes or cancellation occurs. All care has been made in the preparation of the 2021 Marine and Coastal Discovery Program but some changes may occur due to circumstances beyond the control of Randwick City Council. Refunds will be provided for paid activities in the event of cancellation by Council.
This project is a Sustaining Our City initiative and is funded from Randwick City's Environmental Levy.