Sun 17 Mar 2019 - Sun 17 Mar 2019
6 am - 2 pm
- Bondi Beach via Coogee and Maourbra beaches ending at North Cronulla Beach
Lifeguards from Randwick Sutherland Shire and Waverley Councils will take on the gruelling 30-kilometre fitness challenge from Bondi to Cronulla via Maroubra..
This three-Council Lifeguard Challenge is supporting Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation (SCHF).
The course includes swimming, rescue paddle boarding, soft sand running and road running, in a true ‘Battle of the Beaches’.
The challenge is set to take off from Sydney’s iconic Bondi Beach at 6am, with the first leg of the course is a 2 kilometre paddle board to Bronte Beach.
1. Bondi Beach – Bronte Beach: Board Paddle 2km
2. Bronte Beach – Coogee Beach: Run 3.5km
3. Coogee Beach – Maroubra Beach: Board Paddle 4km
4. Maroubra Beach – Frenchman’s Beach: Run 6km
5. Frenchman’s Beach – Kurnell Beach: Board Paddle 2km
6. Kurnell Beach – Boat Harbour: Run 4km
7. Boat Harbour – North Cronulla: Sand Run 5km
8. North Cronulla – Cronulla: Swim .5km
Lifegauad Challenge 2019 course map
On the day, people can watch the lifeguards put themselves to the test from vantage points along the course. At certain running points, lifeguards will be carrying donation tins for onlookers to donate. Or, make a donation by visiting our 2019 Lifeguard Challenge donation page.
Approximate timings for the race are below:
Back to top