Mon 14 Jan 2019 - Mon 14 Jan 2019
1pm - 2:30pm
- Maroubra Surf Life Saving Club
- 5R Marine Parade, Maroubra Beach
This popular, informative and entertaining presentation by Dr Rob Brander (aka Dr Rip) is a must for everyone who swims at the beach.
- $5 PER PERSON
- More Contact Information
- Call Helen Morrison on 9093 6223
This fascinating, entertaining and multiple award winning presentation by Australia’s best known surf scientist, Dr Rob Brander is not to be missed.
Nicknamed ‘Dr Rip’ because of his habit of throwing purple dye into rip currents, the presentation covers how beaches work, how to spot deadly rip currents, and importantly how to get out of one. Learn about safe waves and unsafe waves, find out why some beaches are safer than others and why rock fishing is one of the most dangerous sports in Australia. Following the talk, we'll head to the surf club's balcony to watch the dye release rip identification demonstration.
Keep safe in the surf this summer by understanding your favourite beaches better.
Six randomly chosen attendees will receive a free copy of Dr Rip’s Essential Beach Book.
- Suit children 8 years and older
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian
- Parents or adult guardians accompanying children need to pay for the talk.