Thu 25 Apr 2019 - Thu 25 Apr 2019
5.30 am - 6.30 am
- Coogee Beach
Join Council and the Coogee Randwick Clovelly RSL Sub-branch for a special ANZAC Dawn Service at beautiful Coogee Beach this Anzac Day from 5.30am to 6.30am.
Anzac Day is a national day of remembrance and commemoration. The Centenary of Anzac 2014 to 2018 is Australia’s most important period of national commemoration, marking 100 years since our involvement in the First World War.
The last two years have seen over 20,000 people gathered at Coogee Beach in pre-dawn darkness to honour the service and sacrifice of our original ANZACs, and the generations of Australian servicemen and women who have defended our values and freedoms.
The Coogee Beach Dawn Service includes a catafalque contingent, an Ode of Remembrance, Last Post bugle call, a minute's silence, a Reveille played on a bugle, wreath laying and speeches.This event is free to the public and all are welcome to pay their respects and lay wreaths in honour of fallen soldiers.
A number of local cafes and businesses in Coogee will be open early for breakfast.
A limited amount of accessible parking spaces will be available. If you, or someone you care for, has a mobility impairment please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss reserving a space.
Other Anzac Day services happening across Randwick City include:
Sunday 7 April
- Coogee Randwick Clovelly sub-Branch - Anzac Schools March - Cnr Dudley & Carr St - 10.30am
Sunday 14 April
- Maroubra RSL sub-Branch – Cenotaph (opposite the Juniors at The Junction), Anzac Parade) 11am
- Malabar RSL sub-Branch – Bob Clarke Memorial Reserve (opposite Matraville Sports High, Anzac Parade, 11am
- Coogee Legion sub-Branch – Level 1, Coogee Legion Club, 200 Arden Street, 11.30am
Sunday 21 April
- Kensington RSL sub-Branch – Randwick Bowling Club, 11am
Thursday 25 April
- Maroubra RSL sub-Branch – Cenotaph (opposite the Juniors at The Junction), Anzac Parade) 4.30am
- Matraville RSL sub-Branch – Cenotaph, Norfolk Parade, 5am
Back to top