Sat 18 Aug 2018 - Sat 18 Aug 2018
1pm - 5pm
- Randwick Community Centre
- 27 Munda Street Randwick
RUNS OVER 6 SATURDAY AFTERNOONS Create garden homes for tiny native animals, make a low maintenance garden and learn what to plan.
- Bookings essential
- Booking URL
DATE: 6 x Saturday afternoons 18, 25 Aug, 1, 8, 22, 29 Sept 2018
TIME: 1:00pm to 5:00pm
WHERE: Randwick Community Centre and Randwick Council Nursery
On this in-depth course we learn about what plants to include in a native haven garden that will be blooming with flowers and buzzing with bees. We'll learn how to make a pond where frogs can breed so we can hear their melodious chorus come evening.
We'll explore how to create nesting boxes for friendly critters and explore plants for habitat creation for birds, insects and butterflies.
We finish the course at Randwick Council Nursery to see examples of small scale native gardens for container growing and for small courtyard gardens. We tour of the nursery to learn about choosing the appropriate native plants for our garden.
And the take-away? To get you started in developing a flourishing native garden through a basic design process, plant selection and habitat creation for your garden.
Beginner as well as experienced gardeners.
We will learn...
- to identify about 60 native plants suitable for habitat gardens
- about native solitary and social bee habitats and build social bee habitats
- to identify local birds
- about how to build frog ponds and lizard lounges
- to take basic native cutting techniques and how to choose appropriate native plants when visiting a nursery
- basic garden design processes.
What to bring
- pen and notepad
- clothes appropriate for gardening.
https://www.cityeastcc.com.au/course/gardening_wild_natureBack to top