Wed 19 Jul 2017 - Wed 19 Jul 2017
6:30pm - 9:30pm
- Council Chambers, 1st Floor Randwick Town Hall
- enter via Frances Street
Gain a better understanding of the roles and responsibilities as an elected member of Council.
- Attendance at the seminar is free
- RSVPs are essential and should be forwarded to David Kelly on 9093 6742 or email
Council will be holding two information sessions on Wednesday 28th June 2017 and Wednesday 19th July 2017.
A representative from Local Government NSW will present on a range of topics including:
- The benefits and importance of Local Government
- Understanding the role of Council and the role of the Councillor
- A typical Council structure
- Challenges of the role and how to meet them
- The importance of diverse representation on Council
- Importance of speaking out on key issues and how to do this confidently
- Meeting procedures and rules of debate
- Support available including information and networks
- Introduction to local government jargon and what it means
- Putting it together: Making a commitment
- Managing Conflicts of Interest
- Community expectations for good governance.
Elections will take place on Saturday, 9th September 2017.
For more information on Becoming a Councillor use this link to the Office of Local Government website.Back to top