Celebrating all things green and sustainable
Randwick’s Eco Living Expo is the Eastern Suburbs biggest free community and sustainability-focused festival, promoting innovative green living in a fun, family-friendly way. It's held in September each year at the Randwick Community Centre. This year’s Eco Living Expo is being held on Sunday 22 September 2019 from 10am to 4pm.
The Eco Living Expo is jam-packed with interactive workshops, talks, demonstrations, live performances, market stalls, sustainable and organic food, fun family entertainment, and the latest ideas and information on living cleaner, greener and more sustainably.
Book your seat through Evenbrite to hear our sustainability experts talk about the latest trends and issues in the sustainability space today.
- Speaker Series
- Energy solutions hub, including compare your energy provider, rooftop solar and solar hotwater, GreenPower, energy efficiency, LED lighting, EV chargers and pool pump savings
- Workshops and Demonstrations, including decluttering, rooftop solar, sourdough bread making, DIY planter box and bee hotel and biodynamic gardening
- Transport hub, including bike valet, bike repair clinic, Bike N Blend, carshare, e-bike test rides and Cycling Without Age trishaw bikes
- Green Living Hub, including green building materials, furniture and furnishings for the home and e-Vehicles display
- Wasted Opportunity Shop by local artist and plastic free oceans activist, Marina DeBris
- Gardening hub, with bees, backyard chooks, seed saving and composting and wormfarming advice
- Waste hub with Council waste information and Ask a Professional Organiser –10 minute consultations
- Village kitchen stage including OzHarvest Zero Waste Food demonstration with Chef Mark Hamilton
- Market Stalls promoting and showcasing environmental friendly home-wares and products from across the Eastern suburbs and wider Sydney
- Children's Entertainment including nature play, native wildlife and bird shows, recycled arts and crafts workshops, a rock climbing wall and much more.
Many local partner organisations attend to provide information and conduct formal and informal talks and workshops based on the environmental issues that affect our community in their homes, at school and in the workplace.
Other popular activities include our pop-up library and storytelling and experts on hand to provide advice on sustainable living practices that you can integrate into your everyday life.
Aims and objectives
Whether you’re already living an eco-friendly life or looking for a few ways to make a difference, our aim is that every person attending the Eco Living Expo leaves having learnt something new about caring for our environment.
Our aim is to accelerate the uptake of sustainable living in our local community through demonstrating practical ways to reduce our impact on the planet. The Eco Living Expo raises awareness on how the greenhouse effect is warming our planet and promotes the urgency of returning the Earth to a safe climate.
Through meeting the changemakers in our community, the Eco Living Expo inspires and motivates us all to take action on co-creating a sustainable future.
A Green Eco Living Expo
Our event is powered by renewable forms of energy including wind, solar and bio-diesel.
Green team volunteers are stationed at waste stations to assist in the correct disposal of waste, food scraps will be collected and composted, and left-over food collected for donation.
All stallholders, food vendors and workshops providers are screened to ensure their offerings are as sustainable as possible.
Drinking water stations are provided throughout the event site and patrons are encouraged to bring their own drink bottles, mugs and cups.
Plastic bottles, plastic bags or plastic straws are banned from the event to reduce the amount of single use plastic at the event.
Visitors are encouraged to take public transport, walk, or cycle to the event. A community shuttle bus is also provided for the local community and a bike valet service is provided to encourage people to cycle to the event.
Take a look at the highlights from the 2018 Eco living Expo.