New Year's Eve fireworks
31 December 2016
Every year Randwick City Council proudly presents the Coogee Sparkles NYE fireworks at the family-friendly time of 9pm (note there is no midnight fireworks).
Families, local community and visitors gather along the coast at Coogee Beach to watch this fabulous 15-20 minute fireworks display. Many people make a day of it by swimming at the beach during the afternoon and enjoying a picnic dinner while waiting for the sun to set.
The fireworks are set off from Dunningham Reserve (near the Bali Memorial) which is located to the north of Coogee Beach.
Best viewing areas
The Coogee Sparkles can be seen from a distance and there are many vantage points in surrounding suburbs where you'll get a good view of the fireworks. Here are some locations:
- Goldstein Reserve, Coogee: located right next to the beach
- Grant Reserve & Trenerry Reserve: located further south but there are good viewing areas close to the coast
- Clovelly Beach car park: good view of the fireworks from the north
- Burrows Park headland: good view of the fireworks from the north
- Local restaurants and hotels: many local establishments host excellent NYE events within sight of the fireworks
A guide to Coogee NYE
- This event is popular, so arrive early to secure a spot
- Parking is limited. Be prepared to park some distance away and walk, or better still take a bus direct to Coogee Beach http://www.sydneybuses.info/
- Glass, dogs, smoking and alcohol is banned on Coogee Beach
- Please take your rubbish with you when you leave or dispose of it responsibly
- Alcohol is permitted in Goldstein and Dunningham Reserves, Coogee between 8am and 6pm. The enforcement of these regulations on New Year's Eve is at the discretion of the NSW Police Force.
We hope you have a great night!