Influencing Council on multicultural issues
The purpose of the Randwick City Council Multicultural Advisory Committee is to provide an opportunity for people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and representative organisations to:
- Discuss local multicultural issues
- Make recommendations to Council on multicultural issues
- Advise Council on how to improve access to services
Multicultural Advisory Committee (MAC)
An opportunity to be heard within Council, expand networks and advocate for local multicultural matters.
Multicultural Advisory Committee members are:
- from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds who live, study and/or work in Randwick LGA; or
- currently working/volunteering in related services and/or advocating for local issues
Committee members are expected to:
- regularly attend scheduled meetings
- have an understanding of the range of issues or insights
- contribute positively in group discussions and help guide council staff to make informed recommendations to Council on various multicultural issues
- contribute to promoting harmony and participation through networks and supporting events
Benefits to members:
- Have your say in Council policy and other matters
If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact the Multicultural Community Projects Officer on 90936678 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Multicultural Advisory Committee meets on a bimonthly basis at Bowen Library at Maroubra.
Below are minutes of recent Multicultural Advisory Committee meetings.