Supporting creative arts and cultural projects
The Cultural and Community Grants Program supports creative arts and cultural projects that enrich the lives of our residents and make Randwick a vibrant city to live in.
The program offers two rounds of funding each year in March and September. The March 2018 Round is now open with applications closing 5pm Monday 5 February 2018.
A list of successful applicants and their projects for September 2017, and earlier rounds, can be found below.
Who can apply?
- Not for profit, locally based community organisations or groups who are incorporated
- Individual residents of Randwick City can apply on behalf of a group of residents, and
- Applicants who can demonstrate their capacity to manage and deliver their project, activity or event over a timeframe not exceeding 12 months.
What can you apply for?
- Support or implement projects, events or activities that encourage local community participation and social cohesion
- Support the development of and delivery of creative, artistic and cultural projects that enrich the experience of our communities.
Applicants can seek grants from Council for the following:
- In-kind contribution only (waiver of Council fees and charges)
- Cash contribution only, or
- A combination of in-kind and cash contribution
For more details please read the Cultural Community Grants Program - Guidelines 2017/18
Projects we've funded
- Successful Applications September 2017 PDF, 93.52 KB
- Successful Applications March 2017 PDF, 97.4 KB
- Successful Applications September 2016 PDF, 51.24 KB
- Successful Applications March 2016 PDF, 52.62 KB
- Successful Applications September 2015 PDF, 54.1 KB
- Successful Applications March 2015 PDF, 53.42 KB
Opening and closing dates for applications
Applications for grant projects are now open.
All applicants should:
- Read the Cultural and Community Grant Program Guidelines to make sure your project is eligible and suitable.
- Tentatively book any Council venue you seeking an in-kind fee waver.. You need to provide the quoted charges for use of the venue in your application.
- Complete the Cultural and Community Grant March 2018 Round Application Form PDF, 321.12 KB (Word versions of the Application Form are available on request)
- Include in your application: quotes for all items to be purchased as part of the project.and any supporting information such as applicant's background and reports.
Applications for Grant projects to be held between 1 April 2018 and 30 September 2018 close Monday 5 February 2018.