Recognising outstanding community members
Nominations have now closed!
There are many selfless people in Randwick who help improve the lives of others and make our City a better place to live. These quiet achievers often go unrecognised yet they contribute to our shared vision of a harmonious, strong and successful community.
The Randwick City Council Community Service Awards pay tribute to these outstanding community members and encourage others to follow their lead.
The Community Service Awards are in three categories:
- Australia Day Community Service Award (Individual) - to be eligible, the nominee must already be 25 years or older on 26 January of the Awards year.
- Australia Day Community Service Award (Group) - only one group will be chosen as the recipient of this award.
- Australia Day Young Citizen of the Year Award - to be eligible, the person must be 16 to 24 years old on on 26 January of the Awards year.
Awards presented on Australia Day 2019
Winners are announced at Council's annual Australia Day Civic Reception on 26 January 2019.
- Individual recipients of the Australia Day Community Service Awards will each receive a special medallion and a certificate in recognition of their outstanding contribution to Randwick City.
- The recipient of the Australia Day Community Service Group Award will receive a single medallion and a framed certificate.
- Recipients of the Australia Day Young Achiever Award will each receive a framed certificate.
- All nominee finalists and their nominators will be invited to the presentation.
- Nominees are expected to be present on the day of the presentation event.
For further information about these awards please contact the Community Development Team on 1300 722 542 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some highlights from the 2018 civic reception with the Australia Day Ambassador Father Chris Riley.