Randwick City residents are being encouraged to get involved in the future of the Randwick Junction Town Centre by having a say on a draft planning strategy on exhibition from 11 November to 8 December 2020.
Randwick City Council has developed the strategy which sets out the vision and actions to guide the sustainable growth and physical development of the town centre over the next 15 years.
It identifies public benefits including improvements to the town centres public domain and public spaces, promotes key laneway activation, and identifies sustainable strategies for environmental conservation and best practice architectural design.
The draft Strategy also outlines a plan to guide future development and encourage renewal of existing sites and to meet future demand for commercial and retail floor space for expanding health and education services.
KEY CHANGES AND COMMUNITY BENEFITS PROPOSED BY THE DRAFT STRATEGY
- Strengthened heritage: Preserve the heritage significance of the town centre with additional heritage items and contributory buildings.
- Consolidated town boundary: Extend the existing boundary of the town centre to provide a consistent zoning that strengthens the centre by augmenting business and mixed uses to support future growth.
- Promote planned growth: Focus commercial and retail growth in select opportunity and infill sites to support future planned growth.
- Improved Public Spaces: Provide new public plaza, rejuvenated public places, activated laneways and wider footpaths to ensure a revitalised town centre.
- Sustainable Green Architecture: New developments will require green walls, green roofs and landscaped terraces, and achieve green star energy efficient buildings.
- Affordable Housing - Dedicate a percentage of units in new developments to affordable housing.
HAVE YOUR SAY
- Read the Randwick Junction Planning Strategy by visiting Your Say Randwick;
- Make an online submission; or
- Send your comments headed “Randwick Junction Planning Strategy” to the General Manager by email email@example.com or by post to Randwick City Council, 30 Frances Street, Randwick NSW 2031.
For more information contact Council's Strategic Planning Department on 1300 722 542.Back to top