Randwick City Council and the Coogee Randwick Clovelly RSL sub-Branch are proud to present the Coogee Dawn Service at Coogee Beach this Anzac Day.
Taking place at the Goldstein Reserve, the sunrise service will bring together ex-service men and women at the half-light of dawn to remember those who fought for Australia and New Zealand.
Commencing at 5am – the time of the original landing in Gallipoli – members of the Coogee Randwick Clovelly RSL sub-Branch will lead a hymn, prayer, laying of wreaths, Last Post bugle call, a minute’s silence and conclude with the Australian national anthem.
This year the Choir from South Coogee Public School will join the service to sing their version of the song “Lest We Forget”.
The commemorations will be followed by a breakfast, provided by Coogee Diggers RSL. This will be $10 per person, or free for ex-service men and women.
Randwick Mayor Noel D’Souza said that Randwick City Council is proud to assist the Coogee Randwick Clovelly RSL sub-Branch to host this very special service: “We are honoured to work alongside the RSL sub-Branch in what is a very moving day remembering those who made the ultimate sacrifice in armed conflict.
“Our community has a strong connection to the Anzacs with many servicemen and women coming from Randwick City. Our debt and gratitude to those who fought for our country is immeasurable.”
Barry Collins, President of the Coogee Randwick Clovelly RSL says, “We are grateful to the Randwick City Council for all the assistance they have given our sub-Branch at the two previous Dawn Services at Coogee Beach, with a combined attendance of 34,000 in the last two years.”
A number of local Coogee cafés will be open early for breakfast.
Limited parking is available. Disabled access viewing is available and can be organised by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Anzac Day services happening across Randwick City include:
Sunday 16 April
- Maroubra RSL sub-Branch – Cenotaph (opposite the Juniors @ The Junction), Anzac Parade), 11am
Saturday 22 April
- Greek Orthodox Parish of St Spyridon – St Spyridon Church, 76 Gardeners Road, Kingsford, 9am
Sunday 23 April
- Coogee Surf Life Saving Club, Fallen Lifesavers Memorial, Coogee Beach, 9.45am
- Matraville RSL sub-Branch – Cenotaph, Norfolk Parade, 10am
- Kensington RSL sub-Branch – Randwick Bowling Club, 10.45am
- Malabar RSL sub-Branch – Bob Clarke Memorial Reserve (opposite Matraville Sports High School), Anzac Parade, 11am
- Coogee Legion sub-Branch – Level 1, Coogee Legion Club, 200 Arden Street, 11.30am
Tuesday 25 April
- Maroubra RSL sub-Branch – Cenotaph (opposite the Juniors @ The Junction), Anzac Parade) 4.30am
- Matraville RSL sub-Branch – Cenotaph, Norfolk Parade, 5am