- Position number
- Closing date
- Wednesday 24 July
- $111,078 to $122,200 pa + 9.5% super + leaseback vehicle
- Permanent full-time - 35 hours per week
- Vibrant projects in the evolving eastern suburbs
- Good work/life balance with a 9-day fortnight
- Friendly team environment committed to professional development
Do you have experience and expertise in managing the environmental planning process?
Randwick City Council is an innovative and progressive local government committed to serving our vibrant community on the eastern beaches of Sydney.
We are currently seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic and highly qualified planning professional to lead a team within the Development Assessment department. The successful candidate will effectively organise, lead and motivate a multi-disciplined team of professionals who assess and determine over 700 development applications per year, ensuring that new and existing development is managed by a robust framework.
What we value
We value equity and diversity as Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
We will trust you to bring:
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Decision making skills
- Planning and organisation skills
- Influencing skills
- Emotional intelligence
- Experience in the environmental planning process
Things you will do:
- Provide leadership, development and support for the team.
- Motivate employees and ensure that the team effectively manages its caseload of applications.
- Improve the quality and timeliness of the development assessment process.
- Organise mediation with applicants and objectors to achieve satisfactory outcomes.
- Provide clear and consistent advice on policy and development assessment matters.
- Ensure that the decision making process for development related applications is robust and rigorous.
- Prepare reports and correspondence that meets best practice standards.
Employment in this position is subject to the successful completion of a Criminal History Check with a result of no relevant adverse findings.