How to be COVID safe
The NSW Government has prepared COVID-19 safety plans to support businesses re-opening. Randwick Council is encouraging all local businesses to show your commitment to community safety by completing a COVID-19 safety plan and registering as a COVID Safe business.
1. Complete a COVID-19 Safety plan
COVID-19 Safety Plans help to protect your staff, customers and visitors as you get back to business.
Some businesses will need to complete a COVID-19 Safety Plan under the public health orders, but you can also voluntarily complete one.
There are different plans for different industries, and they all provide advice on:
- Hygiene and safety
- Physical distancing
- Recording contact details of staff and customers
- Staff wellbeing
To find out if you need to complete a COVID-19 Safety Plan:
Have a COVID Safety Plan prepared – please refer to the below links for a template COVID Safety Plan for your business:
- Beauty services, tattoo parlours, massage parlours
- Hotels and accommodation
- Sports, recreation and gyms
- Museum and galleries
- Pubs, clubs, bars, breweries and casinos
- Restaurants and cafes
- All other industries
2. Register as a COVID Safe business
As a COVID Safe business, you will be able to show customers that you are committed to keeping them safe. Customers will also be able to provide real-time feedback on your safety performance. You can register online after you have completed your COVID-19 safety plan. Once you've registered, you will receive:
- Digital COVID Safe badge for use on Google and social channels
- Posters on safety and hygiene
- Reports on how your customers rate your business safety
If you have completed your COVID-19 Safety Plan, you can now register as a COVID Safe business
3. Show that you're COVID Safe
The final step is showing that you are doing your part to keep our community COVID Safe. To do this:
- Download and display your COVID Safe posters and make your customers feel confident
- Share your completed COVID-19 safety plan with your staff to ensure their wellbeing
- Display your COVID Safe badge on your digital and social channels such as Facebook and Google Maps
- Train staff to act in a COVID Safe way
- Keep your plan up-to-date when there are changes to the rules
Customers can visit the URL in the posters to provide feedback on how your business is providing a COVID Safe environment.
For more information on how to become a COVID Safe business, visit NSW Government.
Do you have any questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org