Financial support & business information during COVID-19
We're here to help businesses. See what support is available from tax relief to financial support packages and more.
COVID-19 Safety Plans help to protect your staff, customers and visitors as you get back to business. Some businesses will need to complete a COVID-19 Safety Plan under the public health orders, but you can also voluntarily complete one.
What we're doing
A support package aimed at supporting local businesses over the coming months has been released at the 27 July Council meeting.
Council will waive a range of fees and charges to help alleviate the financial strain faced by many residents and local businesses. This includes:
- Interest on overdue fees and charges (on application) from July to October;
- Outdoor dining and footpath fees from July to October;
- Environment Health Inspection Fees, A-frame advertising and Fire Safety Inspection fees from July to October; and
- DA Fees for small business, for the duration of the lockdown period.
In addition, Council will offer a range of rental rebates for Council tenants that have been required to close or have had loss of turnover due to current lockdown.
Randwick City Mayor Danny Said explains our COVID relief for local businesses.
Use these links for the most recent information to support small business during lockdown
COVID-19 business information - 13 28 46
- Support for businesses in Australia
- Australian Banking Association support
- ATO support for businesses and employers
- ATO Support for individuals and employees
- NSW Government General Businesses and Employment Information
- NSW Government Health and Economic Stimulus Package
- NSW Small Business Commissioner Information for Small Businesses Owners
- NSW Department of Fair Trading Consumer and Business Rights during COVID-19
- NSW Government Industry guidelines for COVID Safe workplaces
COVID-19 business financial support – JobKeeper, support packages, tax relief & schemes
- JobKeeper Payment subsidy for employers and employees
- JobKeeper Payment subsidy for sole traders and other entities
- Financially Distressed Business - Temporary Relief Fact Sheet
- Financial Support for Businesses with Apprentices and Trainees
- Increased and accelerated income support payments
- Early Access to Superannuation
- SME Guarantee Scheme
Commercial and residential tenants
Employee rights & workplace responsibilities during Covid-19
- Alternative work arrangements
- WH&S Advice for Businesses
- Privacy Obligations for Businesses
- Long Service Leave Act Amendment
- Tradespeople working in residential premises
Free training and upskilling
- Fee free TAFE short courses that can be completed in just days or weeks, offering practical skills and experiences across a range of industries.