Financial support & business information during COVID-19
We're here to help businesses. See what support is available from tax relief to financial support packages and more.
COVID-19 Safety Plans help to protect your staff, customers and visitors as you get back to business. Some businesses will need to complete a COVID-19 Safety Plan under the public health orders, but you can also voluntarily complete one.
What we're doing
At the Council meeting held on Tuesday 25 March, we endorsed a $2.3 million COVID-19 community support package. Details of the packaged included waiving a range of Council fees for businesses including:
- fire safety inspection fees;
- environmental health inspection fees;
- outdoor dining and footpath fees (note: information on extending footway dining areas can be found here);
- Development Application fees for small businesses (other than Plan First fees);
- Local Approval Application fees for footway trading associated with small businesses;
- sporting field hire for local sporting groups;
- waiving interest on all overdue rates and charges for the next six months; and
- up to 100% rental relief for Council business tenants and not-for-profit community groups in Council-owned properties.
Other details include providing temporary parking for hospital workers. Further information can be read here.
Randwick City Council is also assisting local cafes and restaurants affected by COVID-19 by allowing the temporary extension of footway dining areas beyond their defined location to comply with the social distancing rules. Further information can be read here.
Covid-19 business information - 13 28 46
- Support for businesses in Australia
- Australian Banking Association support
- ATO support for businesses and employers
- ATO Support for individuals and employees
- NSW Government General Businesses and Employment Information
- NSW Government Health and Economic Stimulus Package
- NSW Small Business Commissioner Information for Small Businesses Owners
- NSW Department of Fair Trading Consumer and Business Rights during COVID-19
- NSW Government Industry guidelines for COVID Safe workplaces
Covid-19 business financial support – JobKeeper, support packages, tax relief & schemes
- JobKeeper Payment subsidy for employers and employees
- JobKeeper Payment subsidy for sole traders and other entities
- Financially Distressed Business - Temporary Relief Fact Sheet
- Financial Support for Businesses with Apprentices and Trainees
- Increased and accelerated income support payments
- Early Access to Superannuation
- SME Guarantee Scheme
Commercial and residential tenants
Employee rights & workplace responsibilities during Covid-19
- Alternative work arrangements
- WH&S Advice for Businesses
- Privacy Obligations for Businesses
- Long Service Leave Act Amendment
- Extended construction hours
- Tradespeople working in residential premises