Randwick City Council is committed to giving its customers and stakeholders efficient, responsive and friendly service. Our Customer Service Charter (pdf 96 kb) states our commitment to providing quality services and gives you standards by which to measure our performance. It provides staff with clear standards to aim for, making our focus on our customers explicit.
Service Standards You Can Expect
On the telephone we will:
- answer calls within five (5) rings.
- have a smile in our voice
- greet you politely
- listen carefully, establish your concerns, note them and act on them accordingly.
- respond to your messages within one working day
- keep you appropriately informed on the progress of an issue
- endeavour not to transfer your call more than once
- try to direct you to the correct service provider, where the service you are seeking is not provided by the Council.
Face to face we will:
- provide you with a prompt, courteous, friendly and professional service at all times
- treat you with respect
- value you as a customer
- listen carefully and identify your needs
- provide you with answers to enquiries or make arrangements for the enquiries to be addressed
- accept responsibility for the timely processing of your business.
When we respond to your letters, emails or faxes we will:
- write clearly in plain English
- fully explain decisions or Council's position on all issues raised.
- provide you with a contact name and telephone number
- reply to you within 15 working days.
On our website we will:
- use plain English
- provide up-to-date and accurate information
- endeavour to make information easy to find.
Customer Service Requests
Requests for some specific services regarding such things as potholes, tree damage, illegal dumping, will be recorded in our computerised customer request system (CRM) and we will take action within established standard timeframes.
Helping us to help you
You can help us to meet these commitments by:
- having a note pad and pen by the phone when you call Council.
- providing us with accurate and complete details at the time of initial contact.
- respecting the privacy and rights of other customers.
- treating our employees with courtesy and respect.
- phoning to make an appointment if you have a complex enquiry or need to see a specific officer.
- phoning the officer nominated on correspondence sent to you and quoting the reference number on the letter.
- letting us know how you found our service.