This community consultation is now closed. The information on this page is no longer current and is provided as a record of the consultation activities undertaken.
Council has prepared a Draft Plan of Management for the Chifley Sports Reserve, formerly known as the Women's Athletic Fields.
The Draft Plan is now on public exhibition for community comment for an extended period from Tuesday 9 March to Friday 30 April 2010.
Key features of the Draft Plan include:
- remediation and rehabilitation of the Reserve
- upgraded sports fields
- native vegetation and landscape improvements
- passive recreation areas, including walking and jogging paths, picnic and BBQ areas, and a children's playground and youth/skate park facility
- additional and upgraded car parking areas
- upgrading and the long term replacement of the amenities building
The Draft Plan of Management includes a landscape concept plan and an action plan.
Draft Chifley Sports Reserve Plan of Management (PDF 4.4MB)
Draft Landscape Concept Plan Feb 2010 (PDF 696KB)
The Council report of 23 February 2010 summarises the Chifley Sports Reserve improvements and provides details on costing, funding and staging. Council has costed the proposed works at approximately $8.2 million and, if the Plan of Management is adopted, it is anticipated that the works would begin within two years.
When adopted, the Plan of Management will provide the formal framework for improving and managing Chifley Sports Reserve.
Have your say
Council welcomes all comments on the Draft Plan of Management.
Comments should be clearly headed "Draft Chifley Sports Reserve Plan of Management" and sent to:
- General Manager, Randwick City Council, 30 Frances Street, Randwick 2031, or
- emailed to email@example.com.
Deadline for comments: Friday 30 April 2010.
For further information on the draft Plan contact Council's Strategic Planning Team on 9399 0982 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also see copies of the Draft Plan of Management at:
- Council's Customer Service Centre, 30 Frances Street Randwick, between 8.30am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday
- Bowen Library, 669-673 Anzac Parade Maroubra, during Library hours
- Malabar Library, 1203 Anzac Parade, Matraville, during Library hours
The following links contain information related to the Draft Chifley Sports Reserve Plan of Management:
- City Plan
- Local La Perouse Skate Park and Youth Space Site Selection Report (PDF 5.2MB)
- Recreation Needs Study (PDF 4.3MB)