Public spaces such as parks and beaches are used by many people, for many purposes. In order to make sure that our public spaces are available to everyone, and that activities don't cause any damage, Council has an application process for people planning an event in a public space.
You must apply for permission if you wish to use a public space for:
- a public or corporate event
- a large gathering (more than 70 people)
- a formal gathering such as a wedding
- filming or still photography
- a fitness group
- use by a personal trainer.