Beach Street, Coogee (women only)
McIver's Baths are perched on a cliff face and rock platform between Coogee Beach and Wylies Baths. The baths have magnificent oceans views and are relatively well screened from the surrounding area. Steps lead from Grant Reserve down the cliff to the pool.
The baths consist of a large concrete sea pool, brick sunbathing area, change rooms, amenities block and small clubhouse. It is surrounded by native coastal vegetation and small grassed areas.
It is the last remaining women's-only seawater pool in Australia and has been in continuous use since its establishment. The State Government granted the pool an exemption from the New South Wales Anti-Discrimination Act in 1995.
According to a National Trust report on the baths, they have been used as a spot for bathing for women since before 1876. The baths themselves were built in 1886 and the lease expired in 1901. The McIver family ran the baths until 1922 when the Randwick Ladies Amateur Swimming Club was formed. The club took over the lease and has held it since that time.