For more information on childcare services in the Randwick area, please go to the LINCS Community Information Directory. LINCS is a comprehensive online resource for all of NSW.
Moverly Children's Centre
Moverly Children's Centre has two rooms:
- The nursery room provides care for children aged 0 to 3 years.
- The preschool room covers children aged 3 to 5 years.
Centre opening hours
- Monday to Friday, 7:30 am to 6:00 pm
- The centre is closed on all public holidays and during the Christmas period
Fees are based on a daily rate and are reviewed annually. As of July 2012, the fees are:
- $91 per day (0 to 2 years)
- $82 per day (2 to 5 years)
An enrolment bond of $250 per child must be paid prior to enrolment. A late fee applies if children are collected after 6 pm.
Please download our Moverly Waiting List Form (pdf 25 kb) for submission of name/s to our waitlist. There is a $20 waitlist administration charge on lodgement of the form, payable by cheque, credit card or eftpos.
Moverly Children's Centre is an approved childcare facility. Once enrolled, families can apply for the Child Care Benefit and the Child Care Tax Rebate. For more information on these benefits, visit the Family Assistance Office website.
For further information please contact:
Moverly Children's Centre
Moverly Children's Centre Randwick City Council
1 Argyle Crescent South Coogee NSW 2034
Ph: (02) 9314 0141 Fax: (02) 9315 5346
Moverly Children's Centre, Council's childcare centre in South Coogee was acknowledged in 2010's "CeeCees", the Community Child Care Co-operative awards. The CeeCees Awards recognise the hard work, professionalism and commitment of those who work in the community owned, centre based early childhood sector in NSW. There were two succesful finalists, Jenny Doull, in the casual childcare worker category and Chun Yuan, in the childcare worker category.
Jenny has been working at Moverly for over 15 years and Chun for over 10 years. Jenny and Chun are part of the hardworking team at Moverly. Chun Yuan was announced as the winner of her category at the Gala Dinner held in Sydney on Saturday 21 August 2010.
For a list of finalists and winners - CeeCee Awards 2010
Take a look at our latest newsletters:
- Eco News edition 1 (pdf 96 kb)
- Eco News edition 2 (pdf 314 kb)
- Eco News edition 3 (pdf 1.25MB)
- Eco News edition 4 (pdf 598 kb)
- Moverly News edition 5 (pdf 618kb)
- Moverly News edition 6 (pdf 653 kb)
- Eco News edition 7 (pdf 653 kb)
Read about Moverly Children's Centre on page 3 of the National Quality Framework Newsletter Issue 1 (pdf 370 kb)
There is an article on Moverly Children's Centre on page 4 of the Children's Services Central Newsletter Summer 2009 (pdf 300 kb) - "Preparing for the Early Years Learning Framework in a long day care centre".
Children's Service Central - "Implementing the Early Years Learning Framework" - Children's Services Central Newsletter Spring 2010 (pdf 1.06MB)
Moverly Children's Centre has also been featured on page 7 of NSW ECEEN (Early Childhood Environmental Education Network) Newsletter Issue 2 (pdf 865 kb)
Useful internet sites
Child care related information can also be obtained from the Websites listed below:
- Childcare Management System (CCMS): Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations
- Children's Services Central: NSW professional support coordination unit
- Community childcare cooperative: Peak training organisation and advocacy support for children's services in NSW.
- Community Services
- Family Assistance Office
- Learning Links
- National Childcare Accreditation Council Inc.
- NSW Commission for Children and Young People
- NSW Early Childhood Environmental Education Network